Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"Good Eeevening"

So I'm sitting around watching a television station by the name of "MyTV" last night (I'll save that one for another blog entry), and the local weather report pops up. Who is doing the report, you ask? Much to my surprise, it is a blast from my NH past - none other than Al Kaprielian.

Now for those who don't know Al (meaning 2 out of the 3 people that read this blog), I would absolutely be slighting him if I simply said that he was "quirky." Back in the day, I used to watch a channel by the name of WNDS tv 50, better known as "The Winds of New Hampshire." As you would expect a NH channel to be, I could have gotten a clearer picture from a Columbus, Ohio channel during a hurricane using a hanger as an antenna. There was more snow on this channel than Mt. Washington during a blizzard. Did I mention I'll be here all week? Different material at 7 and 9 PM, and try the veal - its great. Ok, enough on that tangent.

Anyways, why was I watching WNDS? CHiPs, of course. I mean, did you SEE the ass Frank Poncherello got? Plus him and Baker were always up to hijinks.... Well, every day during my favorite show, a man by the name of Al did the weather report. It was pretty evident the 1st time I laid my eyes on him that there was something seriously wrong with him. It got to the point where he developed a cult following in NH, and potentially among other states as well (I know MA and ME got WNDS too). I'd be lying to you if I told you I didn't have an autographed picture of Al Kaprielian lying around my bedroom at my parents' house in NH.

Here's a little taste of Al (I'd fast forward to the :35 second mark for a real treat...).




Anyways, its good to see that Al is still on television, and its even better to know that this blog entry has absolutely no conclusion whatsoever because my ADD kicked in.....

No comments: