Friday, February 1, 2008

Flake

So, being Friday, I decided to loosen myself up a bit in the AM by listening to a little Jack Johnson on the commute into the city from Western Mass (Belmont). In my eyes, there's no more relaxing music than that done by a professional surfer who lives in Hawaii that leads a life 95% of us would covet (the remaining 5% must want to work in snuff movies or something....).

Now I've had this discussion with friends before - Whenever the question "What music would you most like to listen to at a barbecue" pops up, as it does in most normal cocktail party conversations, my answer always reads like this: 1. Any Jack Johnson 2. Jay-Z Unplugged. And sure, most people associate Jack Johnson with surfing, Hawaii, being laid back, etc. What comes to mind to me NOW when I listen to Jack Johnson? Two words: Maui Fever. Clearly there's something wrong with me, folks. I'm not even asking for a 2nd season of the show here - I'll take repeats of the old episodes, for christ sake. Something just draws me to a bunch of high schoolers goofing off in Maui, engaging in as much drama as they possibly can. Perhaps I am trying to live vicariously through them. Why do you taunt me like this, MTV? Why?

No comments: