Friday, December 9, 2011

Links of the Day - 12/9/11

Friday's links are posted, faithful readers.  Sorry I don't have pictures today - didn't really have time...see you Monday!

1.  Spotify introduces "Spotify Radio"

Pandora is officially dead to me (besides on my phone and iPad).  This puppy offers all the same features that Pandora does, except that I'm allowed to skip any songs I want to (goodbye O.A.R. songs that aren't named "Crazy Game of Poker") without any limitations?  Sold....

2.  Glass Slipper got spanked for misbehavior

Looks like a stripper got into trouble for a lap dance in Boston (are lap dances usually $300? Seems excessive), and the Glass Slipper will need to spend 2 days in the "timeout corner" of the classroom, or as my 5th grade lunch lady Ms. Rocketenantz would say in her amazing "NH white trash accent", "have yourself a seat on the stage."  On a side note, I've never been to the Glass Slipper nor have I ever been to Centerfolds.  Is one classier than the other?  More expensive?  Do the girls simply rotate between the two?

Side note # 2 - I can't imagine either club will make it once the new apartment building is erected (get it? erected!) adjacent to the clubs.

3.  Grillo's Pickles to open brick and mortar joint

I like pickles.  What is the expected square footage of a joint that solely sells pickles?  75?  100?  

4.  iPad3 to launch in February 2012

For all you apple junkies.  I don't really have anything funny to say here.

5.  Paramount opening restaurant in Southie

Bringing a taste of Beacon Hill to Southie.  Great, another reason why my Southie friends never have to cross the bridge....and another piece of the puzzle to "Operation Gentrify Southie.".

6.  Will Ferrell "Old Milwaukee commercials

This series of 5 ads were only showed in Davenport, Illinois.  Can it get more random than that??  Part of me thinks Ferrell actually contacted Old Milwaukee cause he loves their beer, and the other part thinks he's completely screwing with them...like his own inside joke, just to humor himself.  Either way, it's absolute genius.

7.  Generosity better than sex...

According to crack researchers, via the New York Times, couples are happier in their marriages if they are generous to each other, and apparently, this is even more important than sexual relations.  In fact, for each negative thing said, successful couples say FIVE positive things to each other!  I'll withhold my comments on this, as my mother is a devout reader of my blog.  Hi Mom!

8.  Sinead O'Connor finally ties the knot

Wait....WHAT?!*  Sinead O'Connor isn't a lesbian?  My mind is absolutely blown here.  Seriously though...looks like a nice Cadillac.  Pink is the new black.  When has an Irish person not looked phenomenal in pink?

9.  Amsterdam to outlaw foreigners in "coffee shops"

If anyone tries to argue the fact that you went to Amsterdam "to tour the Anne Frank house," you're obviously still high from your trip to the Netherlands.  In my opinion, this will cause a serious blow to tourism in Holland

By the way...what's the call on calling the country "The Netherlands" vs "Holland," and why are they called "Dutch"??  How do any of these have any relation whatsoever?

* For those Barstool Sports readers, I would like to acknowledge that "Wait...WHAT?! is not a ripoff of an "El Pres" quote.  In fact, I believe he may have taken it from Norm MacDonald courtesy of his short-lived Comedy Central show "Sports Show," where he had a segment titled "Wait...WHAT?!"  My use is an homage to one of my comedic role models.

UPDATE - About 15 minutes after I wrote the above paragraph, and in the ultimate coincidence, Sports Guy has written the same exact thing in his latest blog entry.  Wait....WHAT?!  Honestly, you can't make this stuff up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my dreams in life, is now shattered. It's got to come back, right Matthew? Do we think Amsterdam will still be popular for the rivers, bridges, and bicycles?? All those things are cooler ... on weed.