Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Links of the Day - 12/13/11


1.  Free ice skating at Fenway
Ahhh, Frozen Fenway.  How much do you think these tickets go for once scalpers get ahold of them??

2.  Manhattan-style apartments come to Boston
$1,500 a month for a 350 square foot apartment in the Seaport?  And $2,000 for 400 square feet?  Not sure how much I love these micro apartments.  I'll take a 500 square foot apartment with old appliances in Beacon Hill for that or less any day....

3.  There's a new whiskey in town
 I'm not sure I'm entirely sold on Swedish whiskey, but from what I hear, they have decent water over there, so why the hell not?  I've been sold on Swedish products before (fish, Saab, Ulf Dahlen, Peter Forsberg, et. al.), so why not give whiskey a shot as well?

4.  Tim Tebow and Lindsey Vonn? (via Deadspin) 
Cute..but Tebow-worthy?
Rumor has it that Tebow broke up Lindsey Vonn's marriage?  Can this be true?  And if so, has Tebow slept with her?  This guy can't be a virgin, can he??



5.  Red Sox sign Kelly Shoppach
Well, looks like the Jason Varitek era has officially ended in Boston.  There are very few athletes I know with the first name "Kelly" - Kelly Chase, former goon for the Hartford Whalers, Kelly Slater, pro surfer, Kelly Johnson, 2nd baseman, and Kelly Leak, OF for the "Chico's Bail Bond Bears."  I don't actually know where I'm going with this, besides the fact that I consider Kelly to be a girl's name, and I wanted to make a "Bad News Bears" reference.

I don't mind the signing.  Shoppach is a serviceable backup with some pop, he was only $1 million to sign, and he's come full circle with the team that originally drafted him.

6.  Breaking News: raw cookie dough bad for you
An article somewhat appropriate for the holiday season, as even I succumbed to the temptress that is raw cookie dough last week (those snickerdoodel cookies were amazing though, Brooke!).  Here's the hook though - it's not the eggs, dumbass - it's the FLOUR!!

Nonetheless, not even the New York Times can stop me from eating raw cookie dough - it's just too damn good.  I mean, e.coli only lasts a few days, right??

7.  John Rocker admits to steroid use
Wait...WHAT?!  Next you are going to tell me that the 7 train in NYC isn't a collection of foreigners, freaks, and geeks....

8.  Leading goal scorer in hockey east kicked off BU
I'm hesitant to make a joke about this for obvious reasons, as this is a serious situation and should be handled as one.  But honestly, when you're the leading goal scorer for one of the best college hockey teams in the nation, I'm pretty sure there are better ways to go after a girl on campus.  Ever hear of the term "Puck Slut," Trivino?  I thought that was in your freshman year handbook...

9.  Scientists study particle that could explain how universe was created
For you science buffs out there.  I pretty much lost interest after the first sentence, cause not much else made sense to me.  I'm still not sure that Higgs Boson is not the head of a ticket scalping agency in Boston.

10.  Water Pong ban in Boston?
DRINKING GAMES ARE EVIL!!  While our neighbors in New Amsterdam have their happy hours, their drinking games in bars, and joints that stay open until 4 AM, the already power-hungry Boston Licensing Board is in the process of taking away yet another one of our limited opportunities to actually enjoy ourselves at a Boston bar: beirut aka "beer pong."  Here's the kicker though - it's not even played with beer...we are already at the point where we can only play with WATER, and they are even taking that away from us?!  I'll leave it to Boston Bruin legend Cam Neely to sum up how I feel about this.

No comments: