Sunday, March 30, 2008

Women's NIT update

So we are into the Elite 8 of the women's NIT tournament, and most of our brackets are officially busted. Unofficially, Roommate Dan has won the pool, and thus, will gain remote control privileges for the week once the tournament ends.

Today, there was an extremely important and exciting game on the schedule. No, I'm not talking about Davidson vs Kansas. The game of the week was a nailbiter between Michigan and Michigan State. The Lady Spartans pulled out a 45-40 win in overtime, which was a vital win for me. Basically, I'm in dead last place, I am the only person left in the whole pool who has a team still active (MSU), and the only way which I don't finish in last place is if the Lady Spartans win the NIT championship. I'll be honest with you, fellow readers - I don't WANT to lose couch privileges all week. Missing out on gmail and facebook are substantial losses as well - don't get me wrong....but sitting on the floor for a full week? I'll have to get a ruling on whether or not pillows are technically part of the "couch".....

Looks like I should start memorizing the official MSU fight song from this point on......

On the banks of the Red Cedar,
There's a school that's known to all;
Its specialty is winning,
And those Spartans play good ball;
Spartan teams are never beaten,
All through the game they'll fight;
Fight for the only colors:
Green and White.

Go right through for MSU,
Watch the points keep growing,
Spartan teams are bound to win,
They're fighting with a vim!
Rah! Rah! Rah!
See their team is weakening,
We're going to win this game,
Fight! Fight! Rah! Team, Fight!
Victory for MSU!

No comments: